Looking for tips to increase income and not work more hours? If so, you’re not alone.
According to CNN, millions of people are constantly looking for ways to increase their income.
The good news is, with the advent of the internet, it doesn’t matter if you’re looking for ways to make money at home, or online, there are now hundreds of ways boost your income.
And the best part about it? A lot of these side income ideas require very little work.
Tips to Increase Income and Not Work More Hours
- Ask for a raise – This is probably the first thing to do. If you work full time, every $1 per hour raise means $2,000 more for you each year. So yes, it’s a stressful conversation to have with your boss, but it’s still worth it!
- Change Banks – Move your savings over to a bank account that actually pays you a decent interest rate on your savings. CIT Bank pays 25x times higher than the national average.
- Take Paid Surveys – one of the easiest ways to increase your income from home each month. There are tons of reputable sites out there that pay you to fill out surveys online. By completing a few surveys a day you can easily boost your income by up to $200 a month.
Best websites for paid online surveys:
Survey Junkie – Our favorite in terms of survey selection.
Swagbucks – Free $5 bonus for signing up.
Vindale Research – Free $1 for signing up. Some surveys pay up to $50.
- Sign on to Airbnb – This is something that not nearly enough people are taking advantage of! If you own a home, consider putting a room (or the whole place) on Airbnb if and when you leave town.
- Grocery Shopping Means Extra Dollars – Start by downloading the Ibotta app. One of the best money saving apps out there, especially for high-volume grocery shoppers, users can earn rebates on virtually any brand of item you buy. To get your cash back all you have to do is scan the items’ bar code, take a photo of your receipt, and the money gets credited to your account within 48 hours.
- Lending Club – This is a website that lets you act as a lender and earn interest on your money by letting other people borrow from you. Essentially, you act as the bank, which is pretty neat. Lending Club is the world’s largest online credit marketplace connecting borrowers and investors.
- Hard Money Lender in Real Estate – Real estate Investors are always looking for short term (6 to 12 months) financing when they buy houses to fix up and sell. The returns can run from 10% to 12% per project.
- Monetize a website and make money blogging – Starting a blog is something that can forever change your life. With blogs, you are able to connect with people all over the world on topics that you are passionate about and can make $100 to “the sky’s the limit.” per month.
- Do You NetFlix binge? There’s an app called Swagbucks. The next time you are watching Netflix (or doing whatever you do), pull out your phone and open up the Swagbucks app and click “Watch” and then pick a video. They will give you $5 to sign up and voila, you’re now making extra cash while vegging out.
- Flip Flea Market and Garage Sale Items – Chances are you’ve been to a flea market and/or estate sale in your lifetime. And chances are you’ve thought to yourself that you could probably sell one of those items for even more than what you paid for it. Well, you’re definitely right. In fact, people make a living from it. Take Rob and Melissa at Flea Market Flipper for example. They make over $100,000 a year traveling to flea markets and flipping items for a profit.