Looking for a good book to read this summer? Whether you’re looking for books that will move the needle in business or motivate you in life, or maybe you just want to lose yourself in another world, Team Land Geek has your summer reading list covered!
Join Mark and Team Geek as they share their recommendations for summer reading.
- Erik Peterson
- Mimi Schmidt
- Mike Zaino
- Tate Litchfield
- Scott Todd
But first, a Student Spotlight on Larry Overstreet. Larry paid us the biggest compliment by following some advice he heard about deal breakers in the Round Table episode, Intake Challenges—Dealing With Deal Breakers.
Find out the circumstances behind Larry’s intake complication, how he faced it and walked away from the deal, a victor!
The Land Geek Summer Reading List
- Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief – Jordan B. Peterson
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos – Jordan B. Peterson
- Principles: Life and Work – Ray Dalio
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World – Jack Weatherford
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers – Timothy Ferriss
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics – Daniel James Brown
- Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business -Chris Ducker
- Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself – Mike Michalowicz
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones – James Clear
- Willpower Doesn’t Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success – Benjamin P. Hardy
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It – Chris Voss
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose – Tony Hsieh
- Calm the F*ck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You Can’t So You Can Stop Freaking Out and Get On With Your Life (No F*cks Given Guides) – Sarah Knight
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup – John Carreyrou
- The Thirty-six Strategies Of Ancient China – Stefan H. Verstappen
- The 36 Strategies – Wikipedia
- 45 Master Characters: Mythic Models for Creating Original Characters – Victoria Lynn Schmidt
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams – Matthew Walker PhD
- The Second Mountain: The Quest for a Moral Life – David Brooks
- Shantaram: A Novel – Gregory David Roberts
TIP OF THE WEEK
Mimi: When you run into trouble on Facebook Marketplace, turn off the data on your phone. Then open the Facebook App and click the Marketplace; you might get a message that says something went wrong and try again, but don’t press it. Click back, turn your data on, go back to Facebook, and click the try again button. At that point you should be able to get back into to the Marketplace. First thing you should do is find any ads in your support inbox that they’ve flagged and just get rid of them. Also, clean out your cache on your laptop, everything but passwords.
Mark: If you feel like you need to take a nap in the afternoon, take no more than an hour long nap and nothing after 4:00. It will benefit you if you have a sleep deficit. If you’re having trouble going to sleep at night, skip the nap, caffeine and alcohol.
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?